1. Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Education.
Master’s in Agriculture Education, Education Leadership, or related is preferred.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of successful secondary teaching experience in Agricultural Education is preferred.
3. Membership and participation in related state and/or national professional organizations.
4. Knowledge of Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) initiatives and guidelines as they pertain to agricultural education.
5. Familiarity with the components and content of
“The Plan” for Illinois Agricultural Education.
6. Possesses good human relations skills with the ability to communicate clearly through written and oral methods.
7. Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
8. Illinois teaching license in Agriculture
JOB GOALS: To be knowledgeable of Facilitating Coordination in Agricultural Education (FCAE) procedures and policies. To assist in ensuring a helpful, efficient, and people-oriented interaction with our clientele, enabling the project to provide a positive impact.
PROGRAM AND FIELD SUPPORT
1. Provides on-site technical assistance and on-going remote assistance to middle school and secondary agriculture teachers, career counselors, administrators, and other educational personnel.
2. Provides on-site technical assistance and on-going remote assistance to post-secondary agriculture instructors, administrators, and other educational personnel.
3. Provides on-site technical assistance and on-going remote assistance to Agriculture Literacy County Coordinators, county coalition administrators, and other related personnel.
4. Reviews, field-tests, and disseminates curriculum and instructional resources to teachers at all levels.
5. Works with administrators, guidance counselors, and other educational personnel to promote agricultural education.
6. Networks and presents updates regarding agriculture education at Section and District Agriculture Education meetings and events.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND PRESENTATIONS
1. Facilitates, plans and/or conducts professional development and trainings for teachers.
2. Facilitates, plans and/or conducts presentations for students.
3. Participates in related agricultural and/or educational events to promote and inform others about agricultural education.
4. Participates in professional growth opportunities, attends regional, state, and/or national professional conferences, reads professional publications, and/or enrolls in advanced courses.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
1. Is self-motivated and actively participates in FCAE meetings and activities.
2. Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other paperwork required, within the given timelines.
3. Is able to work independently, plans and organizes time and work flow effectively in order to maximize productivity and complete assigned projects on time and with a high degree of effectiveness.
4. Uses funds efficiently and appropriately.
5. Develops and works toward individual and team goals related to the objectives of the FCAE project.
DEVELOPING AND MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS
1. Works closely with and maintains relationships with agricultural and educational organizations.
2. Works in harmony as a member of the FCAE team and with agricultural and educational professionals.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by the FCAE Coordinator.
2. Access to a reliable vehicle
3. Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
-TRS beyond salary and single health and dental insurance are paid.
-Mileage is reimbursed at the current state rate($.58) per mile.
-Cell phone reimbursement
-Sick leave - 1 per month or 11 total
-Non-work(vacation) - 18 days
-Personal leave - 3 days
Negotiable with a target date of July 1, 2019.
Negotiable though preferable within fifteen minutes of applicants home.
REPORTS TO: FCAE Coordinator
Click to view current program advisor monthly summaries and email listserv messages.
District 1 - Kevin Larsen
District 2 - Luke Allen
District 3 - Jennifer Waters
District 4 - Megan Coy
District 5 - Dean Dittmar
Coordinator - Dean Dittmar
||By Friday, June 21, 2019, email these items in this order in one pdf file:
-Cover letter with signature
-Three professional references with contact information on one page who are familiar with the candidates qualifications and experience. Reference letters should not be included..
-Copy of grade transcript(s) after high school. Official transcripts are not required.
To: Dean Dittmar, FCAE Coordinator
For more information, contact Dean Dittmar at (618) 604-1622, (217) 893-0091(office) or any program advisor.
Interviews are anticipated the last week of June.
The Champaign and Ford Regional Office of Education is the employing fiscal agent for the FCAE Project that is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.